Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today I cried.

I copied this from a friend. She always happens to have the words, including the ones that hurt me the deepest.

"It's humiliating and hard to be human."

I heard this from a motivational speaker earlier tonight, and I immediately copied it down in my notebook.
See, I am human (obviously), and I am painfully aware of that fact.
I am aware of it every time I study for a test and barely pass (or don't pass at all).
I am aware of it every time I lose my temper with someone cause deep down I'm frustrated with myself.
I am aware of it every time I ignore my problems, only to find they have increased.
I am aware of it every time I sit down to write and cannot express myself.
I am aware of it every time I cry.
I am aware of it every time I forget myself.
I am aware of it every time I think maybe I can handle this life on my own.
I am aware of it every time I forget other people are humans too.
I am aware of it every time I can't get out of bed because the world is full of opportunities to fail.
Here's to being human. At least it won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment